02-14-2011 09:50 AM
I think it comes back to the old saying regarding changes "If it is not broke do not mend it" Both IHG and the Forum organisers had if they chose contacts that they could have bounced of the new format to get an impression.
02-14-2011 08:24 PM
I'v e been out of the loop for too long, but here is my wish list for this forum. Attention: staffers
1.provide something special to PCconnect members, Perhaps a short term special rate available only on this website.
2. An ongoing forum of travel information, tips, shortcuts, whatever, but information that is relevant to travel.
3. An email to me if there is a reply to my post
4. an email sent to all PC members , asking that they join or take a another look if they are lapsed members. BUT you have to reward new and old PCConnect members with a carrot to keep them interested.
5. Does anyone read/care about the pets or the Oxford information? I don't. that is not what I come to this site for.
6. There no longer seems to be much 'how to' information about acquiring more points. I'm still getting a decent amount of bonus points, by shopping with partners (Drugstore.com) or eating in restaurants on the PriorityRewards dining Program. Is there a place on this forum where members report all the promotions they know about? If so, where?
Can this forum be saved? I hope so but if it's gonna' be all sizzle and no steak, why bother?
02-15-2011 08:14 AM
I can address #3 on your list.
When you go into your settings, click on the "Bookmarks and Subscriptions" tab. Tick the radio button next to "Automatically subscribe me to topics I participate in" at the top of the preferences and then choose your preferences for the email notifications. You will receive an email notification to the email address on file in your profile when a thread you've posted in receives a reply.
02-15-2011 10:00 AM - edited 02-15-2011 10:00 AM
Thank you so much for your post (and to all those participating in this thread) and your suggestions for what you would like to see here within Priority Club Connect. As you well know, this site has gone through many changes in the past several months and our goal is to make Priority Club Connect the first stop for Priority Club members when they want to find out about the latest offers, program information/updates, and travel tips.
From the many comments in this thread, these are some of the things that members would like to see here:
- Easier to navigate: new postings and threads all in one place, all responses to a topic under one heading instead of multiple
- Email Notifications: for new updates or activities
- Activities Threads: more posts about travel deals, hotels, and information from IHG regarding Priority Club Rewards and point earning opportunities for both road warriors and leisure travelers.
- Email to Priority Club Members: to alert new and/or lapsed members
- Special rates